Re: Re: Re: Not the same tire at Walmart? CR Responds

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Angie on April 27, 1999 at 14:32:47:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Not the same tire at Walmart? CR Responds posted by Rich on March 26, 1999 at 13:06:45:

Hi Rich!!!

You mentioned that you had been in the tire business for twenty five years and that you don't mind offering assistance (advice). I currently have Firestone FR480 P19570R14 90S (M+S) on my 91 Plymouth Acclain. They are OE ,the original tires and they have 110,000 + miles on them. I have NEVER rotated, balanced or front wheel aligned and just this past year I have begun to notice they don't perform very well (for obvious reasons). I am looking to replace them. My driving style is mostly side streets, occasionally ( once a month) I take a 3 - 4 hour weekend road trip on the freeway. I have been looking at the General AmeriG4S all season tires because they have an 80,000 mile warranty , treadwear rating of 520, traction rating A, heat rating B and the cost per tire is $42.99. I can get this tire , at this price at either Sam's Club, Sears or NTB. Any comments on the General Brand? I am not familiar with it. Also, I have never purchased tires from any of the previously mentioned stores? Are theses reputable dealers??? Please Help!!! Thank-you in advance Angie

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Not the same tire at Walmart? CR Responds

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.