Re: !995 Volvo 850 Turbowgn. class action tire/wheel lawsuit

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bob on April 16, 1999 at 14:19:33:

In Reply to: !995 Volvo 850 Turbowgn. class action tire/wheel lawsuit posted by Twana on April 16, 1999 at 13:16:15:

I have a 1995 Volvo 850 Turbo wagon with the original 205 55 16 Z rated Michelin MXM HX. I have 45K miles on them so far and they will probably last another 8K or so. In the mean time, while waiting for the class action settlement certificate from Volvo, I have been doing a lot of research on the web and at tire dealers to see what might be an acceptable alternative to the original Michelins. The only problem I have with the originals is that the ride is extremely harsh and they won't budge an inch in even light snow with traction control engaged. There are very few choices is the 50 profile. The best seem to be the Nitto NT-450 (about $100 per tire through various web sites) and the Dunlop SP9000. In the 55 series there are many more choices including the Michelin MXV4 energy plus, the Michelin Pilot XGT V4/Z4, the Nitto NT-450, Pirelli P7000 Supersport, Dunlop SP4000, and others. My sister recently put the MXV4 energy tires on her Turbo 850 wagon and seems to like them o.k.and are better in bad weather except she says they ride even stiffer than the orginal Michelins--hard to believe. I think I have narrowed my alternatives down to the Nitto NT-450, Michelin Pilot XGTV4/Z4, or the Dunlop SP9000 probably in the 55 series. Good luck!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: !995 Volvo 850 Turbowgn. class action tire/wheel lawsuit

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.