Re: BF Goodrich Touring TA

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joel Schultz on April 12, 1999 at 23:28:06:

In Reply to: BF Goodrich Touring TA posted by joe on March 20, 1999 at 16:23:54:

Hey,

Did you get tires yet? There's more than one category of BFGoodrich Touring T/A tires, each with different speed ratings and specs. I have the cheapest ones on my BMW 735IL and am completely happy with them. The thing I like best about them is the quiet, comfortable ride. The thing I like least is that it doesn't have a very flashy sidewall, but I still like the looks overall. It sounds like fun to get some higher speed rated Tourig T/A's next time, but I just may stick with these since I rarely (read never) go over 150 MPH or so for any sustained length of time. These tires are priced right. I recommend 'em.

Have you been to the web site? I just got back from bfgoodrich.com and was real suprised. BFGoodrich doesn't sell tires anymore. They're into aerospace and special materials now. They sold the right to sell BFGoodrich tires to Michelin. If you insist on spending more money on tires, you can read about the latest g-Force T/A's at BFGoodrichtires.com. I switch over to Bridgestone Blizzak tires over the winter, but I wait until the first snow and the T/A's are fine. The Blizzaks have an even less attractive sidewall and a bland overall look, but in the snow they can't be beat. They wear fast, however, at warm outdoor temps.

Most uncomfortable tires I have ever owned - Goodyear GT+4. Goodyear tires that I like - the Wrangler Aquatreads on my S10. I'll probably replace them with Goodyear wrangler AT/S when it's time.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: BF Goodrich Touring TA

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.