Re: Corvette tires

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by David on April 12, 1999 at 06:52:00:

In Reply to: Corvette tires posted by Harvey on April 11, 1999 at 20:52:00:

You have narrowed your choive down to two perenial contenders. Between these two tires you should be asking yourself the following:
Do I need/want all season traction at a slight loss of pure top end dry handling. Due to the tread pattern & compound make up - the ZR4 will remain more pliable in cooler temps (basicaly) the ZR4 will not reach the same level dry, "on the edge" handling that the "ZR" will. For me it would depend on how I drove the car, what gepgrphical climate I lived in = if it calls for an all season tire at times will I be driving the car at those times.
I don't remember the numbers specific to these to tires to tell you for sure but most directional non all season (performance) tires(TA ZR's) are better in the wet than their all season counterparts (TA ZR4's). But anything beyond pure wet (rain) the all season begin to do better. This is contrary to popular belief and what you may be being told by your local tire dealer but thats all due to a lack of understanding of ultra high performance tires and all season tires in general. So the decision is realy pretty simple. One other - the all seaosn version, depending on driving style ( agressive or passive) may last a few more miles (passive driving).
Hope it helps more than "cats & dogs".

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Corvette tires

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.