Re: Re: To all using this BBS

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by carlos on April 06, 1999 at 11:01:26:

In Reply to: Re: To all using this BBS posted by Ray on April 05, 1999 at 23:46:01:

Raymond
My experience with Pirelli tires is not a good one. I think there are a lot of better choices out there. I had a set of Michelins that were absolutely excellent in wet conditions (I drove them at 90+ in a hard rain with a strong wind for about a one hour stretch many times also don't try this)but when they were more than half worn I noticed that I couldn't get the same performance with them as when they were new.When they were almost worn out, I was very cautious with them. Any tire will lose what it was originally designed to do with wear. Some brands wear better than others. Tread depth isvery important to avoid hydroplaning. If you live in a wet climate I would advise to keep your tires as fresh as possible at all times. You may not like replacing tires when they are half worn but sometime you have to consider the safety benefits. If you feel like thetires are not performing good enough then they are probably not. Now is the time to go for another brand. hope this helps.
next.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: To all using this BBS

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.