Re: Tire Up-Grade

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bruce on October 07, 1997 at 13:41:57:

In Reply to: Tire Up-Grade posted by Lee Hopkins on October 03, 1997 at 16:45:28:

I had 245/60-15 on an old Camaro I had. It had 15x7" rims. The tires fit well on the rim, but I don't think I would go any wider than that on a 7" rim. One important thing you need to consider when going to a larger tire is wheel diameter. If you stay with the same profile "60 series" and increase the width, the overall diameter will increase also. Which would change your final drive ratio, and possibly give you incorrect speedometer readings. So if you go to a wider tire you may want to go to a lower profile tire such as a 245/50-15. But I'm not sure if the tire would clear the BMW's fender wells. And the ride would probably be a bit harsher, although the cornering performance would be increased.

Hope this helps,

Bruce

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Tire Up-Grade

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.