Re: Re: Re: Re: PSI Question

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bob on February 26, 1999 at 00:48:23:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: PSI Question posted by David on February 25, 1999 at 23:06:19:

Dave
Thanks for the info. The tire isa Michelin 255/50 ZR16 XGTZ. The psi on thetire recommends max. 44psi. The previous set were the same and I ran them 40 psi until they wore out (that psi was recommended by the mfg. then). Now with this set the psi is thesame and they tell me 32psi.(still 44psi on the casing). There seems to be no correlation with the temperature because they went flat in the winter as well as the summer. I Can't use anything too abrasive on cleaning the wheels, they're polished aluminum, they look clean and they are not aftermarket. One more question: Do serial numbers make a difference in handling characteristics? That is, if 3 tires match and one doesn't. Thanks for the input.
Bob

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: PSI Question

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.