Re: D60 A2, SH30, RE930 again.:(

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dan on February 14, 1999 at 11:04:10:

In Reply to: D60 A2, SH30, RE930 again.:( posted by Fred Voglmaier on February 13, 1999 at 14:26:45:

I can tell you right now, the D60A2's we had on our '94 Altima were a LOT louder than
the stock Eagle GA's (these things are actually louder than my Yokohama AVS Intermediates),
and yet, these were the newer JLB tires. Plus, they only lasted ~30k miles which is
terrible considering I got 32k miles out of my P6000's (3-season version) on my 240. The
dry and wet cornering of the D60's are good, the snow traction isn't very good. These
tires are the cheapest ....... and for a reason.
Right now, we have the SH30's on the car, and they a MUCH better. They have good wet
and dry cornering traction, decent snow traction, and are VERY quiet tires. We have been
very happy with these tires so far and do not regret purchasing them, as we had regretted
the D60's.
As a note, I feel that both of these tires have better dry and wet cornering traction
than the GA's. The SH30's are easily as quiet as the GA's, the D60's don't come even close.
I personally don't have any experience with the RE930's however. Between the D60's and the
SH30's however, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the SH30's over the D60's, the extra $7
a tire is definitely worth it (based off of Tire Rack prices of $50 for the D60's and $57
a tire for the SH30's).

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: D60 A2, SH30, RE930 again.:(

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.