1998 Chev 1/2 ton -- Uniroyal Tiger Paws

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ian on February 08, 1999 at 18:25:18:

Has anyone had any good or bad experiences with Uniroyal Tiger Paws on a light truck. I've been having intermittent vibrations, wobbles and shimmys with these tires on the truck since about 15,000K. Not bad somedays, worse on others. The Chev dealer has been through the truck top to bottom and found nothing mechanicaly wrong (with me present in the shop most times so I'm convinced they're right). They finally agreed to pull a set of Goodyears off a new truck on the lot and try them on my truck. The problem went away. After what seemed to be a dozen more attempts at balancing, rotation, making sure nothing was in the tire(s), rim swapping, seperation etc.. they're convinced that it's a problem with the tires themselves. The Uniroyal dealer disagrees (no suprise there) but did finally agree to pro-rate a small amount(about half of what should be pro-rated) towards the cost of a new set..... of tiger paws. Since I've had a similar experience with Tiger Paws on my 91 Safari I'm wondering if I should bother taking the credit towards new Uniroyals or bite the full bullet and invest in a set of Goodyears or Michelins.
Any Comments/Suggestions?

Thanks,
Ian

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: 1998 Chev 1/2 ton -- Uniroyal Tiger Paws

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.