some tire rack employee practices

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by mark s. on January 27, 1999 at 13:39:19:

ok, i call them looking for an open small talk "corner shop" conversation about a
a series tire(used tire to replace blown front til rears wear out) i dont usually run(205/65 AS APPOSED TO 205/60. now also the 205/65 will wear slower than the 205/60 b/c it was a higher treadwear so over time they will match diameters even more. but right off it was a 2% larger diameter than original
and i was asking about dimension problems in wheel well ( fit and turning room) well, i guess
because i wasnt buying tires from the GREAT TIRE RACK i wasnt worth a man to man discussion
just that its the wrong size. ( i mentioned i was to have these tires only for a small while and
they were not to be rotated with rear tires....) but with a "hey I work here NOT you" attitude i was basically shut out
with a repeat of im not buying tires from them....funny how i have before and friends too...

i knew i should have gone to sams club for there road hazard/free rotation balancing coverage for 7.50 a tire.
i spent 60 dollars on the tires at tire rack i could have gone to sams and get all that for 65...very dissappointing.
so do you guys buy stuff from people someone who could care less about you?----------

i dont know who he was but he didnt live in cali and he answered at 12:20 pm 1/27

so did i vent enough?
do you think i did a good enough job trashing them?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: some tire rack employee practices

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.