Snow tires

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tom on January 10, 1999 at 18:45:09:

I own a 1987 Honda Civic front wheel drive. The tires that are on it are all season tires and they are awefull in the snow. I live in MA and the weather here has been awefull as well. We recently got a storm where it snowed rained and then snowed again, so the roads here are coverd in snow with a thick layer of ice beneath them. I work in a area that is located in the woods pretty much and the back road I have to travel is not taken care of that well. I discoverd the other night that my tires were awefull in this type of weather when I got stock on my way to work.
I am confused about the tires I should buy. I have one friend that tells me I should get Blizzak and another telling me I am just wasting my money on a brand name tire. I was thinking about studded snow tires myself, but they tell me I dont need them.

I have the following questions!

1. Are Blizzak's as good as everyone makes them sound ?
2. Should I use 4 snow tires or just two ?
3. Should I use studded snows ?
4. If you think I should use studded snows, should I use 4 ?

I would be gratefull for any help or suggestions!

~Tom~

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Snow tires

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.