Re: Re: 225/60-15: Cooper Cobra GTZ, BFG Comp T/A VR4, or ??

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Craig on January 04, 1999 at 14:34:15:

In Reply to: Re: 225/60-15: Cooper Cobra GTZ, BFG Comp T/A VR4, or ?? posted by Jim Cummings on January 04, 1999 at 14:02:54:

I have never had any real complaints with the Kellys. They seem to be an average all around tire. I have never replaced a set of tires on that car with the same kind. I just keep looking around, and trying new things I guess. I would not rule Kellys out, but they don't seem to have lasted quite as well as some other tires I have had in the past.
Other tires I have had on the car:
Performance Radial GT - on the car when I got it. Actually, I probably liked these tires as well as any other tire I have tried.
Bridgestone Potenza HP41
Michelin XGT-H4
Kelly Charger HR Directional
I have never had a V or Z speed rated tire on the car (it came from the factory with V rated Goodyear Gatorbacks). I thought I might try a higher speed rated tire next time I buy tires. I probably have 5k miles or so left in the Kellys (360 treadwear rating). That would put them at about 35k miles. Both my Bridgestones (220 treadwear) and Michelins (340 treadwear) lasted around 40k miles.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: 225/60-15: Cooper Cobra GTZ, BFG Comp T/A VR4, or ??

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.