Re: Re: Re: Goodyear tires are going "bup, bup, bup" very LOUDLY!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Barbara (a different one) on October 29, 1998 at 16:36:23:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Goodyear tires are going "bup, bup, bup" very LOUDLY! posted by Nick on September 21, 1998 at 17:05:45:

I'm replacing the same tires at 41,000 miles - the right rear is "bup bup-ing" and has cupping (high and flat spots) - a recent development. I have also regularly rotated the tires and had the balancing checked. A tire dealer sent me a January 1996 Consumer Reports rating on sport-utility and pickup truck tires which rates Dunlop Radial Rover a Best Buy. However, apparently now there are several types of Dunlop Radial Rovers - and I'm not certain which was tested. Treadware for the Dunlop Rover was best (440), braking shortest, very good on road noise and handling, excellent on ride and dry road cornering. For little or no off-road driving, Michelin LTX M/S was quiter with less rolling resistence, a 400 treadware rating, but about $25 per tire more expensive. The Goodyear Wrangler was "worst of the group." I hear Ford is now supplying Firestone ATX - in the two-year-old report, it was pretty much in the middle, but priced about the same as the Dunlop Rovers.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Goodyear tires are going "bup, bup, bup" very LOUDLY!

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.