Re: Re: Nissan Quest Tire Cupping/Replacements

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mike on October 08, 1998 at 12:18:27:

In Reply to: Re: Nissan Quest Tire Cupping/Replacements posted by Chris L on October 08, 1998 at 00:09:04:

Chris, thanks for the reply and the suggestion. The dealer does think it's from the rear being lighter than the front. I would have hoped the rotation would have taken care of this but appaently due to the mileage, the cupping has now become evident.

I'll be getting new tires soon and will see what the tire dealer recommends. I'll let him know your suggestion about reducing the pressure. Since I do about 75% highway driving at speeds from 70 to 80, I don't know what effect reduced pressure will have on the handling and the tirewear.

do you have any suggestions on a tire that may be better at handling this condition. On my previous cars (not minivans), I used Michelin 80K tires and was relatively satisfied. A little harder ride than the 60K tires but I could live with it.

Thanks again, Mike

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Nissan Quest Tire Cupping/Replacements

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.