Tire choices-Dunlop SP8000, ContiSport Contact or Toyos?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chris Hlubb on October 04, 1998 at 16:18:50:

I am in need of some new rubber. I have it narrowed down to Dunlop Sp8000 or Continentals new Sport Contacts. The Dunlops are suppose to be great BUT they are not available from either Tire Rack or Discount Tire in 225-45-17!! This is bad. The
only available size for me is 215-45-17, what can anyone recommend about this size. That would shrink my tire width but give me a stiffer tire with better
turn in response, is the loss in width going to kill me. I want some really good cornering ability. As for the Continentals, I have found much praise from the
Germans on these, most German tuners use this on their cars. Thats good enough for me, I guess. But does anyone have any comments to make on
these tires. These are available as 225-45-17, thats good! The Dunlops and Conti's in their respective sizes are about the same price, within $10 of each
other. Are there any other recommendations anyone can make? Any help at all would be appreciated. I dont have too much money to spend either which
is another big downfall and I also need these to last at least 20,000 miles. They will be mounted on 8" wide wheels.
What about Toyo Proxes T1?
Thanks,
Chris

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Tire choices-Dunlop SP8000, ContiSport Contact or Toyos?

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.