Re: Dunlop Sucks

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bob on August 27, 1998 at 21:25:21:

In Reply to: Dunlop Sucks posted by Lou on August 20, 1998 at 16:19:43:

I dunno about Dunlop's entire line of tires, but let me tell you my sad experience with 13" D60A2's on my 1985 RX7. I bought them because Goodyear discontinued my size (13") in an all-season performance tire. The D60A2's were absolutely dangerous in any amount of snow. Finally one day I couldn't get home in something les than 1/2" of snow. So I slid into a Goodyear store and bought their cheapest tires (less than $200 the set). They were great!

I still use the D60A2's in spring/summer/fall. They are good in the dry, though nothing like the German Goodyear high performance tires I had before (an unfair comparison, I know).

Now the RX7 is driven only in summer, so I can't wait to wear out the Dunlops so I can re-shoe with some serious performance tires. Can anybody with RX7 experience advise me on some good tires?

Also: Do I hear an offer for four sad D60A2's and some cheap Goodyear backups?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Dunlop Sucks

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.