Michelin X-1 rollng resistance vs Pirelli P6000sv

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Craig Shirley on August 22, 1998 at 01:53:27:

Speaking of X-1's, Michelin no longer mentions anything in their X-1 brochure along the lines of saving gas. What is the likely improvement in MPG versus a tire like the energy MXV4 or the Pirelli? I heard "5% to 7%" improvement, but of what??? Is that 5% better MPG, or 5% less rolling resistance? Are the Pirelli's just as good? On MY car that would save about $750 gas over the 10 years I plan to keep it...thus paying for the tires and then some. The Pirelli's wouldn't last as long, but they cost a bunch less too, so it could be a push. It's a great time to be alive, dontcha think?...it's like trying to decide between chocolate and vanilla. It's probably tough to make a seriously bad decision at this level. So the question remains: how much better (or worse) is the rolling resistance of the X-1? Is this hype?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Michelin X-1 rollng resistance vs Pirelli P6000sv

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.