Re: Re: GT Champiro Tires

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ron Bartyczak on August 20, 1998 at 20:36:09:

In Reply to: Re: GT Champiro Tires posted by hans van moergastel on August 14, 1998 at 16:57:48:

Hans,
Thanks for the information. I have found some additional information. The tire is made by Gadjah Tuungal of Indonesia. They say they are the largest tire manufacturer in Indonesia (wonder how many others are there). I found a tire retailer that sells the GT Champiro tire under the name of RoadPro (by a company named Hercules) which they are selling for under $60/tire "on the rim" (195-60HR15). The tire has no tread wear warranty but the retailer (Merchant's Group) would sell me a full road hazard warranty. The rating on the tires are: Treadwear 360, Traction A, Temperature A.

However, other than your comment about handling, I can find nothing else. Think I will replace them with a set of BFGoodrich Touring T/A HR tires before the winter. I have these tires on my Toyota Previa Van and they are wonderful.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: GT Champiro Tires

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.