Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Falken Tires are noisy

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Robert on August 10, 1998 at 12:05:45:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Falken Tires are noisy posted by Dennis on July 15, 1998 at 00:39:49:

Dennis, you can't possibly be comparing ANY Falken tire to a Yok. A008R in terms of grip.
The A008R is a DOT spec AutoX tire. I have owned several sets over the years, and you
are right that they handle great. They are designed for pylon-racing. I currently have
the Falken ZIEX tire 215/40-17 on my street car and I am disappointed in the grip. They
are advertised as an "all-season, ultra-high performance tire." They may be "all-season",
but they are definately NOT ultra-high performance. In addition, I am not satisfied with
the tire's wet traction. The tire has exhibited excellent wear; I have put about 7000
miles on them, and they are holding up very well. I expect they will last 30K or more.
Very good for a Z-rated tire.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Falken Tires are noisy

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.