Re: Is the Dunlop SP9000 good for rain?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ian on August 04, 1998 at 21:24:50:

In Reply to: Is the Dunlop SP9000 good for rain? posted by Ernie on August 04, 1998 at 15:46:28:

I have the exact same question. After experimenting with a number of high performance "dry" tires, I find that despite manufacturers' claims, they are about the same when it comes to regular driving. Of course having your time shaved by 0.1 seconds means the difference between between winning and losing on the track, it means practically nothing on the road. First of all, I don't drive at the limit to realize the full benefit of these ultra performance tires (Pirelli P700Z, Goodyear GSC, Bridgestone RE71), however I am feeling all the disadvantages - harshness, bumpy ride. Most of all, these tires are almost riding on being dangerous in a downpour. I am looking at the SP9000 because of its boasted wet performance and the wearability. I am waiting for a Tirerack wet test "www.tirerack.com"

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Is the Dunlop SP9000 good for rain?

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.