All shook up

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Norm Klemens on August 04, 1998 at 14:57:58:

I have a 1995 Taurus Wagon. I get a shimmy or shake at highway speeds above 45 MPH. It acts like a tire out of balance. I have has three (yes three) sets of new
tires in 10000 Miles thinking they were the problem and it is still shaking! I have had two 4 wheel alignments and every time it is right on. I have had all the wheels
checked for tru-ness too. What can it be? It is not engine or drivetrain related because it seems to come from the rear of the car. I had the suspension checked the
other day and it was fine too.

After having the last set of tires swapped (last weekend) the tire place said to get another 4 wheel alignment because the tired had some edge wear!! (In 8000 miles). I have an appointment tomorrow for the third 4 wheel alignment in 10K miles. I had the suspension checked and it was fine.

The First set of tires were off brand
The next General G4S
Finally Goodrich Touring TR4's

Thank god for money back guarantees and a 12000 mile free replacement!

Help!

P.S. The Generals rode much much much smoother that the Touring TR4's. The General G4Ss were cheaper too!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: All shook up

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.