Re: Re: Re: Re: Bad Michelin MX4 ? -PLEASE HELP!!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by C. Gibbs on July 30, 1998 at 01:47:02:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Bad Michelin MX4 ? -PLEASE HELP!!! posted by Justin on June 30, 1998 at 17:21:37:

Only two suggestions to help you out. If you have steel wheels on your car, I would almost bet that this is the cause of your vibration. Steel wheels are notorious for being out of round. If this is the case, I would suggest that you have the wheels balanced by someone who has recently had their balancer calibrated. We once went to a dealer with tires on steel wheels that were balanced to 0 (completely balanced) and found that their balancer was out of spec by almost 8-10 grams in both the static and dynamic dimensions.

If, however, you have alloy wheels, I would once again bet that they are NOT your problem. Alloy wheels are cast aluminum and are then machined to give the rim a completely round surface. It almost never is out of round. If this is the case, I would assume a problem with either the tires or possibly a suspension part. This is, however, rare.

Hope I could help.

Gibbs

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bad Michelin MX4 ? -PLEASE HELP!!!

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.