Re: P7000 Supersport vs. AVS S4 for Supra Turbo

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joel on July 06, 1998 at 20:08:38:

In Reply to: P7000 Supersport vs. AVS S4 for Supra Turbo posted by Mike B. on July 06, 1998 at 15:20:15:

I have the AVS S4Z on my Mustang and am somewhat disappointed in their dry grip. They have a much softer, mushy feeling compared with the Yoko A403s (an outdated summer tire) that they replaced and have noticably poorer straight line traction. I have to run the S4s about 5psi higher than the A403s to compensate for the mushy feel, which probably accounts for the poorer hookup. On the plus side, they ride is less harsh and they are great in the rain - you have to actually try to break them loose in the wet. Considering that you said you like the dry grip of MXX3s you would probably be not be happy with the S4Z either. I had considered the P7000SS as well, and if I were to choose again, I would have gone with the Pirelli. I don't want to sound like I'm trashing the Yoko, but it would probably be a better choice on a sporty sedan or touring car than for stiffly sprung sports cars.
My .02$
Joel

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: P7000 Supersport vs. AVS S4 for Supra Turbo

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.