Re: Jeep Grand Cherokee 31x10.5 Tires

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by 2 FIdddy on July 05, 1998 at 10:49:58:

In Reply to: Jeep Grand Cherokee 31x10.5 Tires posted by Eric on January 30, 1998 at 19:47:21:

I personally feel that a 30x9.950 or a 265 75 R15 is the largest tire size that should be run on the
Grand Cherokee because of the Body Rub with the front bumper the contact with the Control Arms when turning a
and the contact with the frame when the Vehicle is put in situations that Compromise the Suspension to
its maximum drop. What is the Need for such a Large tire any way?? If it is looks then go with at BFG All Terrain
in a 30 x 9.5 It will do the Anti Locks, the Suspension, and the Drive Line much Less wear. It is also Recommended
straight from the Dealer Ship that if you are going to Run any tire that is Larger that the stock tire
that you either replace the ABS system with a regular system or have your breaks Re Calibrated for
the larger tire size. You Anti Locks will be tricked into thinking that the Vehicle is Moving Slower than it really is because of the Larger Circumference of the
Tire!!

Any other questions E-mail me
We have a 93 on which I installed my own Cunstom 2 Inch lift with Custom Spring Spacers, Stock Control Arms, Longer break line, (NO ANTILOCKS) Ordered it that way, and 31 10.50 BFG ALL TERRAINS
Also have an 89 Comanche, and a Cherokee that is Under Comstruction.... Not sure what year it is going to be titled as yet!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Jeep Grand Cherokee 31x10.5 Tires

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.