Re: Sumitomo tires on Accord?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Scott Simger on May 24, 1997 at 20:06:39:

In Reply to: Sumitomo tires on Accord? posted by Francois Martin on April 24, 1997 at 08:50:43:

I like my Sumitomo tires-HTR-4 205 60 15; on a `89 240-SX-tires may not be the ultimate
in dry grip,but then again you have front wheel drive and loss of grip is not as detrimental as
mid-turn in rear wheel drive. In the snow the Sumitomos are excellent-my car needs all the
snow traction possible. I get my tires mail-order from Tire Rack very inexpensive. Save the money
and go for the Sumitomos unless you plan on frquently attacking triple digit sweepers. In terms
of ride characteristics as far as I can tell the sidewall is mildly soft which gives a smooth
ride(which also means less transfer of jolts into the car structure which in the long run may even
keep the car in better long term condition. 300 wear rating A-temp

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Sumitomo tires on Accord?

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.