Re: Re: Re: Re: Nitto NT-450 v. Dunlop SP Sport 4000 v. Falken ZE502 Ziex 205/55/15 size

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Josh Martin on June 09, 1998 at 12:05:42:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Nitto NT-450 v. Dunlop SP Sport 4000 v. Falken ZE502 Ziex 205/55/15 size posted by Justin on June 08, 1998 at 13:29:02:

I have a '93 Mazda MX-6 LS which I put the Dunlops on 25k miles ago. I hated them. I was a long time fan of Dunlop when I had the D60s, but they don't make my stock size, the 205/55-15s. The Dunlops were great in the dry, but any time there was even a little rain on the highway, my light car would hydroplane like you would never believe. I recently found the Nitto's through Discount Tire, and have enjoyed the 450s. They're great in the rain, and in the dry going straight. I've found, since I recently started autocrossing, that they're not so great in the turns, though, due to the short shoulders. A friend of mine with a Prelude VTEC (same size, 205/55-15s) went with the Falkens, but stepped up to the 225/50-15s. Actually, he got them yesterday. They were amazing. A little stickier than the Nitto's, with a similar tread pattern. As far as treadwear, the Dunlops sucked. They were supposed to get 30k, and I barely got 25. The Nitto's are guaranteed for 45k, and even though I'm autocrossing on them (for the time being), they don't show much signs of wear. I'm sure the Falkens would be a great blend between the two. I think Tire Rack stopped selling them because no one knew what the hell they were. Good luck....let me know of any results. I still can't believe I found this BBS!

Josh Martin
synthcomposer@hotmail.com

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Nitto NT-450 v. Dunlop SP Sport 4000 v. Falken ZE502 Ziex 205/55/15 size

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.