Tires for Firebird Formula GT

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brad on May 17, 1998 at 00:37:05:

Well, I've had this car for about 7500 miles worth of driving, and I've concluded that the tires suck; with 310hp, they break loose too often on dry pavement, and their snow performance is only made tolerable by the traction control system. They're Eagle RSAs.

So, the question is, what do I replace them with?

Wet and dry performance is a must. Good snow performance is a bonus; I don't do a lot of snow driving, but on the occasions that I do, I need to be able to get from place to place. Traction control helps, but doesn't solve the problem of tires that just won't cut it. I'm an agressive driver (have to be with a car like this ), so something with a good sidewall is a must.

High on the list are Michelin Pilots (not sure what model, but they're Z rated, and it's not the SX MXX3s, which I ruled out already for poor wet/snow performance). I've also ruled out Eagle F1s (too much money) and Yoko AVS Intermediates (too short life).

What should I consider? Is the Pilot the best tire out there for my car?

Thanks in advance...
Brad

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Tires for Firebird Formula GT

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.