Muscle Car Tires

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Buick Boy on May 06, 1998 at 20:51:44:

I've got Uniroyal 245 60 R14s on my '68 Buick GS 400. I haven't been happy with the ride that they give. I think that the problem is that they require a minimum 6.5" rim and mine is only 6". I've done some research and had pretty much decided to replace them with Goodyear Eagle GT IIs 215 70 R14s. Since the 245s are still in relatively good shape I'm starting to think maybe I should keep them on the back and just try going to the 70s on the front. If that doesn't do the trick I can always swap out the 245s on the rear with the same version of 215 70. My question is this: Are the Uniroyal's any good? I'd hate to send good money after bad by buying an inferior product. Is it worth sticking with the Uniroyals or should I just go to a new 215 70 all 'round the car?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Muscle Car Tires

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.