Re: Re: How are Dunlop D60 A2 tires?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by bryon on April 30, 1998 at 00:18:38:

In Reply to: Re: How are Dunlop D60 A2 tires? posted by Jeffrey Caplan on August 14, 1997 at 21:59:55:

I've had similar trouble with Dunn tire . I had D-60 A-2s installed on my Porsche 944, and they scratched the #$%*! out of my rims by using a socket which was too large for the lug nut recesses on my rims, and also scratched the wheels while removing the old stick on wheel weights with a screwdriver. The new stick-on weights that they placed on were so crooked, and cut up into many little chunks, that it looked like they stood back about ten feet away from the car and "threw" the weights at the wheels. They showed me how their air impact wrenches "couldn't have caused the damage." Guess they forgot that I had specifically asked for them to torque the lugs BY HAND because they are aluminum. They offered to give me $30 dollars per rim to have them repaired(hah!) or I could get a ton of estimates, and fill out a ton of paperwork, and send everything to their headquarters for inspection, and blah, blah, blah ! Bottom line is that I personally wouldn't give them my dirty laundry to do ! By the way, the tires are great handling, but have sidewalls that look like they've been sandblasted, and all tire dressing (armour-all,etc.) washes off the first time you drive in the rain.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: How are Dunlop D60 A2 tires?

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.