Re: Performance tires comparison

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by LarryK on April 24, 1998 at 15:38:21:

In Reply to: Performance tires comparison posted by U Mathur on April 20, 1998 at 22:04:45:

I own a 92 Cougar XR7 (last year for real ones, Supercoupe with V8) that came with Firestone Firehawks on 16" wheels from the factory. I was not too pleased, because by then Firestone had been making crappy tires for years. Take it from someone who knows, Firestones SUCK! The wet traction was bad, traction in snow was about 100 times worse. After about 30K these tires were completely shot. Needing tires in a hurry (one of the Firehawks totally failed) I went to NTW (now NTB) and bought a set of their house brand touring tires. The car rides better on these than it ever did on Firestones and has much better wet traction too. As for the other brands you mention:

Michelin: People seem to love them or hate them. Everybody I know who ever had them hated them.
Dunlop: Everybody I know who has had them liked them
Lots of folks I know like Pirellis too.

Hope this helps

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Performance tires comparison

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.