Re: Need Advice on Yokohama Vs. Michelin

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by robmoz on March 02, 1998 at 18:10:19:

In Reply to: Need Advice on Yokohama Vs. Michelin posted by Mark on March 02, 1998 at 09:36:09:

I've got Avid H4's on a 90 240SX and have been overall very pleased with them. Consumer Reports was certainly down on the Yokos for their poor snow performance, but otherwise found them to be very good. I've never used them in the snow, since we've had no snow in DC this winter and I just put them on last fall. They're directional and affer good wet performance, very good cornering and I have found them to be quieter that the stock Pirelli's that I replaced them with. I guess I'd say don't get them if you're in a snowy area (although it seems like you only mean to use them in the summer), but I don't know how much I believe the CR rating on that, although I have nothing to say otherwise. They are rated M&S and seem to have decent tread. No experience with the Energies, but have used Michelin XGT V4's and was very unhappy with them (poor wet and dry grip, squeal in corners, marginal snow ability, and EXPENSIVE). Of course, none of this really means anything about an MXV4, but I believe that XGT's are suposed to be more performance oriented than the MXVs (in which case, the MXVs must be a joke). Good luck.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Need Advice on Yokohama Vs. Michelin

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.