Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Potenza RE92

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michael Serra on March 01, 1998 at 03:06:31:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Potenza RE92 posted by Matt on May 20, 1997 at 10:16:29:

I recently bought a '95 Maxima with Potenza RE92's on the rear. I measured 5/32" tread on the tire (legal min. in MA is 2/32") and metioned it to the dealer. He assured me that the tires had "plenty of good rubber." Trusting his years of experience, I bought the car with the tires. The first time I drove it in the rain, I noticed how easily it hydroplaned, and how difficult it was to regain control. I thought it was the vehicle.

Recently, I got into an accident due to hydroplaning which caused over $6,000 damage to my Maxima. It began when the rear of the vehicle began to fishtail in the rain (RE92's are on the rear).

A friend of mine has the same model and year vehicle. He has not had problems hydroplaning on his Eagle GT2's. I thought I should get new tires. When I began to speak to tire salespeople, I found that the Potenza RE92 is notorious for hydroplaning. Many people are replacing them lest they cause the problem I had.

Now I am finding you people having the same problems.

I am currently looking for enough evidence to prove to the state that these tires are likely to hydroplane. I am being surcharged for this "offense" (accident) and am being force to take a driver retraining course because of it.

If anyone knows of an "expert" who has researched tires and knows of the Potenza RE92 hydroplaning problem, please inform me.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Potenza RE92

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.