Re: Goodyear GSA vs Michelin LT4 vs Dunlop Radial Rover

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Clayton Yanceyh on February 22, 1998 at 21:09:39:

In Reply to: Goodyear GSA vs Michelin LT4 vs Dunlop Radial Rover posted by Glen J. on December 21, 1997 at 16:41:25:

In the process of buying a new Toyota 4x4 I test drove 7 or 8 vehicles off the dealer lot
with the Goodyear GSA 31x10.50x15 tires fitted. Every single one of the trucks had some
tire vibration. Some had front wheel shimmy, others had seat-of-the-pants shimmy. Changing
tires from vehicle to vehicle changed the characteristics.

After buying a truck and having the same problem (on the rear axle), I went to my local
Goodyear dealer. He checked the tires, had to rotate one on the rim, and had to replace
the other due to out-of-roundness, albeit ever-so-slight. Now the problem is greatly reduced
but not entirely gone.

I would never buy a Goodyear tire of any kind for any car. I'll be glad when these wear
out so I can replace them with decent tires.

On the plus side, they are quiet and smooth riding once they spin faster than 45 mph.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Goodyear GSA vs Michelin LT4 vs Dunlop Radial Rover

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.