Re: Pepboys brand touring tires

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Hung Pham on December 25, 1997 at 04:43:10:

In Reply to: Pepboys brand touring tires posted by Larry Taitelbaum on December 13, 1997 at 17:20:25:

Hi Larry,
I recommended you that don't buy the tires from Pepboy. I had bought the whole set of
tires for my dad last year. They told me that I those tires had 40,000 miles warranty
on those tires. However, those tires worn within 20,000 miles. I got mad at them
because they asked me to pay pro-rate. Beside, they asked me for the balance and buy a
new warranty on the new set of tires. Those warranty and balancing are more expensive
than the tires. Just think about if you buy a set of tires that is guaranty for
80,000 miles, those tires can last for 80,000 miles and cost you for $100 which balancing
and tires protection plan. On the other hand, you pay for $80 for a piece of tire at
Pepboy, but it's last only for 20,000 miles. You have to replace 3 times to get the same
life's length and you have to pay balancing everytime you change your tires. In addition,
It wastes your time. To me, I think the Perelli P400 are the good tires. They can last
up to 80,000 miles, and they have better traction than Pepboy brands. That was my
experience on the tires from Pepboy. I agree that they have very good price in the
tires, but your time is more important. I have a set of Perelli for my 87 maxima, and
it's worth. I agree that they are more expensive, but they are last longer. I hope my
experience can help you out. Don't take my words seriously, you can ask more people
about it. Good luck!!!
Hung

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Pepboys brand touring tires

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.