Re: Re: Re: Yokahama Avid MD-H4

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by '87 Prelude SI on February 20, 1997 at 00:09:35:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Yokahama Avid MD-H4 posted by Doug Remington on February 19, 1997 at 13:17:14:

Hi Doug,

Just read your note. I live in New York and work in Connecticut. I travel 130 miles (round trip to work on routes 684 and 84 on a daily basis). I'm putting 3,000 miles on those tires approximately every four weeks. Yes I know, sickening, isn't it.

Anyways, I have had to contend with some snow about 7" (the worst so far this year and mostly in Connecticut), but nowhere near as much as we were hit with last year (REMEMBER THE BLIZZARD OF '96!) and can only judge the tire based on that. As far as I'm concerned I couldn't have bought a better tire (in the 13" configuration for my Prelude commuter).

I noticed how good they were when I first installed them and have only improved since. I have rotated them twice already (every 6,000 miles) and have no complaints. They provide very good dry, wet and snow traction in 13" configuration. Imagine what they are capable of in the 15" configuration. They are quiet, too!

As far as my relationship with The Tire Rack goes, I feel they are a GREAT BUNCH OF GUYS who will provide you with the best advice you could ever expect in determining what tire to put on your car. In my case, it was the AVIDs.

Due to their high volume distribution, you will not only be able to obtain a tire that more than likely will not be offered by your local retailer, but also a price that no one else can match. Give them a call. They advertise in almost every car magazine.

Good luck.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Yokahama Avid MD-H4

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.