Re: Hakka 1- anybody have em?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Franzium on December 13, 1997 at 15:58:24:

In Reply to: Hakka 1- anybody have em? posted by elwood on December 12, 1997 at 19:53:10:

I purchased my H1's recently and have put approx. 3000 miles on them. Living in Minnesota it's a necessity to have some type of snow or high tech snow tire like the H1, blizzak, etc. In order to fill you in on the H1, I think it would be rather helpful if I compared the H1's with what is probably one of the most popular snow tires on the market, this being the Bridgestone Blizzak. Having owned a set of Blizzacks the prvious winter I can give you the low down on the pro's and con's of them as well as what I have noticed with the H1's with the brief time that I've had them. Keeping it simple, overall traction is about the same with the Blizzak having a slight edge. This edge is apparent in slippery conditions with moderate amounts of snow and slush. The H1's act better in deep snow and slush, in slippery conditions it's better than any all-season tire you could buy. As for there wearing properties, the H1's are faaaarrr superior, since most of my driving is done on the highway I need something that will
last longer than 6000 miles where I noticed that the Blizzaks had basically had it. This is because the Blizzak with their (multi-celluar) compound which is only the top 1/4 inch of the tread is so soft and gummy it's like driving on a rubber sponge kinda like what ice-hockey players have on their shoes. This is why it's better in slick conditions. Overall, I expect to get about 13-15000 miles out of my H1's and with awesome snow and slush capabilities as well as decent ice traction, I guarntee that when the H1's wear out, their will certainly be another pair of H1's put on my car.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Hakka 1- anybody have em?

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.