Re: Re: 93 Trooper/Goodyear Wrangler AP

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Neil on December 05, 1997 at 02:05:43:

In Reply to: Re: 93 Trooper/Goodyear Wrangler AP posted by Charles on November 24, 1997 at 11:13:51:

Re my post of Oct 5.

I ended up getting Goodrich All Terrain T/As. They're a bit further toward the off-road end of the spectrum than I expected when I began my search, but so far I'm very pleased. I've only had to drive through an inch or so of snow, but they felt really secure, and when I tried jumping on the brakes at 30 mph I stopped in a straight line in not much more distance than dry pavement. Mind you, they're brand new, so they should be good.

On the highway they're more jittery than the Goodyears, but not so it's a problem. They ride a bit harder, as you'd expect, but again it's not a problem, and the Trooper is such a superb vehicle for long-distance driving it doesn't have any effect on comfort over a long trip. I haven't noticed any increase in road noise, but it's my entirely unscientific opinion (screw you, Consumer Reports) that it corners a bit better on the new rubber. If true, it's probably a result of the stiffer sidewall.

A very helpful guy at Tirerack said I should stick with the 245/70 profile, as Troopers don't drive well on taller tires. I got all sorts of conflicting advice, as you'd expect, but it made sense to me, and that would eliminate a 265/70.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: 93 Trooper/Goodyear Wrangler AP

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.