Need new tires for '95 Acura Integra GS ASAP

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Robin on December 04, 1997 at 17:52:52:

Help! I have a '95 Acura Integra purchased new w/over 32,000 miles. OK, I admit it I
didn't rotate the tires as often as I should, but still got (I think) fairly decent wear
out of the originals. They were Michelin 195/55 VR-15s. I've been comparison shopping for new
tires and I am COMPLETELY confused at the selection and price ranges. Apparently, these
particular size tires are unusual and as a result will cost between $143-$160/tire to
replace. I've spoken to the following centers: Merchants Tire, Goodyear Tire, Pep Boys,
etc. and all have different options concerning other brands. Some say the Nitto would work,
one mentioned the Yokahama (sp?) and said stay away from it. Futura 2000 was also
mentioned as an option. They also said I can switch sizes (from the "55" to a "60" or
"65," but I'm candidly scared to deviate from what the car came with in terms of size).

Also, I'm a fairly decent driver (my last car was an '88 Mustang GT-5
speed) so I'm definitely not the shy type, and yes, I admit that spend most of my time in
the left hand lane. As a result, I'm leaning toward sticking with the Michelin tire
(based on other postings I've read from you guys & gals...), but want to throw the
question out there...

Any advice/comments?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Need new tires for '95 Acura Integra GS ASAP

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.