Re: Better SUV tires?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jim on December 04, 1997 at 13:48:37:

In Reply to: Better SUV tires? posted by Ron on November 27, 1997 at 01:55:06:

For my 95 Jeep Cherokee ABS, Full time 4wd, 6cly, I use Goodyear Wrangler Aquatreads +2 sizes 235/70-15. They are reasonably quiet, soft; grips well in all conditions, all roads, off road, snow (very little or no spin in 4WD, full power), and ice, sand, and never have hydroplaned in the rain (up to the axle at 55mph). I don't think that you can find a better general SUV tire. May try the Wrangler GSA next (should be a little bit better in heavy snow and mud. Load rating is 2000lb a tire. Came with 50K War. and currently have 40k on them and about 50% of the tire left. Also tried Eagle GA same SUV and had a stiff ride, NO noise at ANY speed, sticky on dry pavement. In summary a great interstate tire but nothing else.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Better SUV tires?

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.