Re: Tire ratings: high performance radials

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ken B on December 03, 1997 at 13:42:39:

In Reply to: Tire ratings: high performance radials posted by Ann on December 03, 1997 at 11:49:07:

Ann,
you are right about the difficulty of finding a comprehensive single source for comparisons of high performance tires. I just recently spent 6 weeks agonizing over geting the perfect tires for my 300ZX Twin Turbo.

Tire Rack like any other sales organization will only talk about what they sell, so there is a lack with them. Also, Tire Rack sales people have shown me less than reliable opinions.

If you want my opinion and the road I took to my decision, I'll be happy to share that with you. Tell me what sort of car you've got and the type of driving you do. Maybe you do or do not match up with my needs which were to get the best balance of Stick, Wet Performance, and Wearability.

By the way, I bought: TOYO Proxes T1 Plus and am very pleased.
(I've had Goodyear Gatorbacks and Dunlop SP8000 on this car, there is NO comparison with the TOYO's)

KenB

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Tire ratings: high performance radials

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.